- Does not babble or coo by 12 months
- Does not gesture (point, wave, grasp) by 12 months
- Does not say single words by 16 months
- Does not say two-word phrases on his or her own by 24 months
- Has any loss of any language or social skill at any age
If your child exhibits any of these "red flags" your child should be further evaluated by a comprehensive team of professionals, including, a neurologist, psychologist, speech pathologist, occupational therapist, developmental pediatrician, or other professional knowledgeable about autism.
For more information, please follow this link. Information on this posting, taken from this site.